7.16.2013

Stamped Packing Peanut Painting {Easy Art}

Making this art is easy. Saying the name with which I’ve christened it….not so much. I won’t recommend anything foolish like “say that 5 times fast” because you and I would both regret that and you would be embarrassed.

packing peanut painting

This simple 8x10 packing peanut art is officially the first decoration for baby’s nursery and was inspired by a giant bag of packing peanuts that I found in my parents’ basement. All you need to make your own is paint and…packing peanuts. You really only need a few, although I found it helpful to have one designated for each of the five colors I used.

stamped packing peanuts paintingOn an unrelated note, having a baby makes me want to swath our entire house in bright and bold and color. Byebye, “grown-up” neutrals. Did this happen to anyone else?

Also, packing peanuts come in different shapes, but the ones I used to create this painting are shaped like figure 8s. Some are shaped like an S (which could also be cool) and some are shaped like turds. If you have been secretly pining for a turd-shaped stamp and real turds are in short supply then make those your go-to variety of packing peanut. And also invest in some prunes. Okay, this just got really gross and weird. Forget I said anything about turds.

stamping with packing peanuts

No matter what shape you choose, you simply dip the packing peanut into your paint and stamp away to your little heart’s content. Like I said, easy. Kids could do it! While blindfolded! Using only their pinky toes!

stamp with packing peanuts

I plan to test my theory when baby is born. Surely infants are even capable of this level of crafting.

DSC_1691

I’m actually 27 weeks now, but who’s counting? I definitely didn’t know that yesterday was 13 weeks from my due date. And I definitely didn’t know that Sunday marked 3 months until my due date. And Rick definitely doesn’t have a countdown on his computer at work. No, nobody’s counting. We’re actually not excited at all.*

*Biggest lie I’ve ever told.

Would you stamp with packing peanuts? Have you ever stamped with anything unusual? What are you *totally not* excited about these days?

19 comments :

  1. Um, this is genius and you are too cute to be believed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! You're so creative. And adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a good idea. you are a crafty lady! and a cute pregnant one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable art piece! Also, you are entirely too cute. Only threeee months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a super cute pregnant lady! haha Love the art work- so happy, cheery and full of colour. Can't wait to see the nursery you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shapes remind me of the forever symbol, which I think is especially sweet in a baby's room :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't even though of that! I love it!

      Delete
  7. such a clever idea! love the design and the colors and agree with kristen! and you are SOOOO cute!!! and i also love the idea of peanut art for your peanut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Peanut art for my peanut! Love it! :)

      Delete
  8. Clearly you guys are the least excited parents to be I have ever seen.
    This is super cute!
    This posts reminds me of my attempt at getting a baby to craft: painted hand prints of an 8 month old. It was a mess and his high chair is covered in blue fabric paint forever ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could just pretend that was the point, to decorate the high chair. ;)

      Delete
  9. So how many minutes are left??? :)

    Super cute art....and baby belly. Are people rubbing it yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet I could find a minute countdown somewhere. I'm on it. And yes, people rub the belly. Most are acceptable (family) some are not (students). Although I had to laugh at one kid who poked my tummy and assumed it would be squishy, but it wasn't, and he freaked out thinking he'd touched the baby's head or something. That's what he gets. :P

      Delete
  10. That's such a fun idea! Oh and dont feel bad about the counting. I swear I looked forward to Sundays because that's when my weeks would roll over and I'd be that much closer. And then on Fridays, if someone asked how far along I was, I'd let myself round up to the next Sunday, because really, what does 2 weeks matter? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I do the same thing about rounding up to the nearest week. ;)

      Delete
  11. That is adorable and looks so easy! It makes me want to go digging in my closets for things I could use to stamp (although the only thing I can reliably count on finding in the bottom my closets are jingly cat toys, which I'm not sure would stamp all that well).

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOOK at your baby belly!!! (I know you do all the time, but I haven't seen it in a while. No. I'm not excited, either. ;)

    Can't say I've ever stamped with packing peanuts of any shape, but it's really cute. Such a clever girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this and it may have something to do with the delicious color combo you went with! I just received a package yesterday w/ enough packing peanuts to ship a spaceship (no joke), unfortunately, I think they were the turd kind :(

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers, so don't be shy. :) Thanks for being here!

Want to read more?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...