7.31.2013

Curtains: The Only Thing a Newborn Really Needs (Obviously)

We are rocking this nursery progress thing. How do I know? Because in the two months since the room was painted, we’ve made and hung curtains.

Robert Allen Hand Motif PoolFabric from here

I know you are amazed at our speed and efficiency.

Really, though. A crib? Optional. Storage? Unnecessary. Diapers? Overrated.

But curtains? A must-have.

DSC_1722

We are clearly 100% ready for the arrival of our baby girl. Soon-to-be parents of the year, right here.

DSC_1725

In our defense, this summer has been a bit busier than usual…and we are waiting to set up the nursery furniture until the upstairs is carpeted so that we don’t have to move it all in and then back out again. And we have a list of exactly 46 things that need to be done before carpet can be installed. And by 46 things, I don’t mean 46 things things like “sweep the floor.” I mean things like “skimcoat the bedroom walls” and “install new trim.” You know, things that require a few more than 8 seconds of time on task and people who don’t take accidental 2.5 hour naps instead of cleaning the house.

baby 12 weeks ultrasound

I’m happy to report, though, that despite *someone’s* snoozing, 28 of the 46 things are DONE. The other 18 will be done in time to have carpet installed before school starts again in September. If I type it, it will come true, right? Here are the answers you may choose from:

A. “RIGHT Erin; you’re not delusional at all. But even if you are delusional, and the upstairs will never be done in that time frame, you can always have your baby sleep in a hammock hanging from that ladder.”

B. “RIGHT Erin; you’re not delusional at all. Let me come over with a fresh batch of brownies and finish everything for you.”

C. “RIGHT Erin; you’re not delusional at all. After all, Rome wasn’t built in a day.” (I will kindly excuse the poor comparison and largely misguided use of a cliché.)

Do let me know which answer you’ve chosen. ;)

20 comments :

  1. oh so pretty with the walls!!! LOVE it! your baby's pretty much ready to come out now that they are hung.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna go with "B" because what pregnant lady wouldn't like some fresh brownies! The curtains look great though. At least right now the room is baby proofed... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. B!!!! Mmmm, brownies.

    The curtains are very pretty. That's a lot of work. I think you should take an extra nap today. Dr's orders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7/31/2013

    Yeah, I vote brownies as well. No pregnant lady should be without them! And, hey, our baby's crib was assembled while I was in the hospital AFTER I'd given birth. So, no one's got anything on my Rick... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first instinct is to say "B", but I think we both know I wouldn't do anything if there were brownies to distract me.

    Side note: I love the fabric you chose for the curtains. They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No question, B for brownies. And love the curtains (and the super sneak peek of the turquoise chandy/mobile) - nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely B. But by finish everything for you... I mainly mean help you finish off those brownies while we watch Rick work. Sound good?

    I love the curtains! Such a pretty colour and the sneak peak of the mobile/chandelier looks fun! Love the direction you're going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I like the way you think...

      Delete
  8. I think you're on a roll. Baby boy doesn't even have a room yet so you're way ahead of me, sister. PS - I can loan out my hubby for a work day - we can take naps and munch on snacks while they sweat. Brilliant Faith!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That IS brilliant! Now be brilliant about finding a way to make NY and TX closer to each other, will you? ;)

      Delete
  9. i choose C. mostly because I am not doing all those 46 things for you. I'm not the father! hah! ;)

    also, perfect choice of curtains, they will go beautifully with all the other things to come!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is that a glimpse of turquoise bling bling for the ceiling I spy with my little eye? DELISH!
    Love the curtains - wonderful color & texture.

    I chose answer D: Baby will stay in our room until she's 5, so why bother...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, the turquoise bling is for a mobile! I've had it for a while with no purpose and it finally has a place to hang. :)

      Delete
  11. I choose B - but put a period after the word "brownies" and then cross out the rest of the words. LOVE those curtains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I love this! Baby will need curtains so she can have a nice dark room to take nice long naps in. Which equates to Momma Bear getting a little more sleep. Or something like that. ;)

      Delete
  12. You're totally right! I'll be over tomorrow! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't worry about getting the crib and everything set up. She probably won't sleep in it for a month or so anyways. You won't be able to put her down, you'll be so in love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I go with B. If you bring the brownies.

    Also, I'm serious when I say that the curtains are ridiculously necessary! Honestly, making that room dark was pretty stinking important to us at the NewlyWoodwards. And I love the ones you chose - they are a gorgeous color and length is perfect.

    And as for not sleeping in the crib for a while, let's just say Henry was in our room for 2 nights before Ryan and I nearly went insane and put him in his crib. We took turns sleeping in there in a twin bed for weeks. =)

    I think you are doing well! You'll get everything done that needs to be done. And the rest will either go away or get done later.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Who wants to do all the boring drudgery part, anyway? I don't blame you for jumping ahead to the pretties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! Plus the pretties are non-toxic so I’m allowed to help. :P

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers, so don't be shy. :) Thanks for being here!

Want to read more?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...