5.13.2013

Mother’s Day

Mother’s Day. It’s different this year. This year, I am flooded with thoughts and emotions (oh, emotions) of being a mother myself. Looking at this picture of my mom holding me in the hospital, I find myself wanting to wish away the days between now and October so that I, too, can know how it feels to hold your first baby for the first time.

DSC_1530

I am so thankful for this little one inside of me, whose tiny hand melts my heart every time I see it…

baby 12 weeks ultrasound 2

…and for my own mama who has held me thousands of times since that very first time nearly 27 years ago.

DSC_0335

Happy {day after} Mother’s Day! :)

9 comments :

  1. Happy mother's day! This one definitely counts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, happy {belated} mother's day! This was so very sweet, Erin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you!! I bet you can't wait until October. But enjoy the process - these times of anticipating are so wonderful too. Plus you still get to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I ♥ your baby picture with your mom -- she looked so much like you do now...
    I'm looking forward to finding out if you're having a puppy or a kitty. Er, I mean, the gender of your lil' peanut.
    Happy Mother's Day -- they only get BETTER from now on! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha one of my 7th graders ACTUALLY asked if it could be a puppy. He was 100% serious—not trying to be stupid or funny, as 7th grade boys are prone to do. He said he saw it on TV. :P I can’t wait to find out, either! :)

      Delete
  5. Anonymous5/14/2013

    This was the sweetest post, Erin! Happy Mother's Day to you - you already are a mother, you know. That ultrasound photo is so precious with your baby waving at you. Even though she's cozy and warm in there, I know she can't wait to meet you, dad, grandma and the rest of the family in October.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One more heart just melted...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day momma-to-be! October will be here in no time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm catching up on my favorite blogs and am just now hearing of your exciting news. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers, so don't be shy. :) Thanks for being here!

Want to read more?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...