11.10.2011

Pinterest-less no more.

It's official. I caved. In the name of less chaos and more order, I registered for Pinterest. Strictly for organizational purposes, of course, because well, like I mentioned here, I just don't know what things like “Jarrod Carved Wood Mirror Pendant Light Art” and “Suburban Home Ramsden Aqua” are when I am staring at their names in my bookmarks folder, and I have to open the webpage every time I want to see what the heck it is and why the heck I bookmarked it.

So far, Pinterest is working swimmingly in terms of organization, allowing me to quickly see the fabric I've been considering without opening 9,857,326 tabs....


...and the projects that I may attempt soon, or at least think about attempting at some point before I enter a nursing home.


I know that I am waaaaay late to the party, but that's nothing new for me. Blooming late is my specialty, as is being fashionably tardy. Who was still losing her baby teeth well past everyone else had learned that the tooth fairy didn't exist? Me. Who didn't have a cell phone until her sophomore year of college, and still, to this day, has--gasp--never sent a text message? Yup, me again. And who is still waiting on those womanly curves you're supposed to acquire when you "grow up"? ME. Maybe when I'm in a nursing home I'll be able to check these things off of my list, you know, in my spare time between pureed lunch and Bingo.

Are you on Pinterest? What is your favorite use for it? Is there anything you've ever been "behind the times" on? :)


So if you're interested in finding out what "Suburban Home Ramsden Aqua" actually is (I'm sure you're dying to know...) you are welcome to Follow Me on Pinterest

15 comments :

  1. Definitely following you on pinterest! :) I am at pinterest.com/skye_mclain if you want to follow me as well! :) glad you caved - can't wait to see all the pretties that you pin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I said "HA!" out loud when I saw that you joined - then quickly followed you. :) You can only resist the pull of pinterest for so long. It's science. Next we need to convert you to a twitter user! (But let's be real. It's much less cool than pinterest.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Kelly...twitter!! Baby steps.

    I didn't have a cellphone until sophomore year of college also. I do, however, text...but my mother texts more than I do. What does that say about my coolness factor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Welcome! I'm now following you. I LOVE pinterest. I don't do twitter and doubt I ever will so I'm not part of the cool crowd ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Pinterest! I just followed you. Be prepared to get addicted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just joined pinterest this weekend after seeing it mentioned everywhere. I didn't have facebook/twitter so I even had to make a twitter account to join. Glad I'm not the only tardy gal here! I'm loving it though!! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have NEVER sent a text message??? I can not wrap my brain around this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PPS AND my personal pinterest are now following you!! YEAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Following you! It's a terrible addiction and you will soon live to regret that you ever joined:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Pinterest.... but I've found that I can easily spend hours on it... so I try to avoid going on if I'm supposed to be doing something else soon haha... it's addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have vowed to not let it monopolize my time! I barely even have time to blog, lately, so my plan may work out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome, welcome. Pinterest is like the crack cocaine of the blogging community, isn't it? I know I'm addicted and won't be entering rehab anytime soon. I never even thought of creating a board for fabric-great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11/11/2011

    So glad you joined the crowd! Can't wait to see what you pinned!

    I tend to shy away from calling it "addicting" though. I prefer to call it "medicinal." When I'm having a cruddy day at work, I squirrel myself away in my cube and pin for a little while. Basically, it's a miracle cure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've seen you around Paisley Print Shoes so I thought I'd hop over and say hi :) I'm about to cave on joining Pinterest, too. I LOVE your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yay!!! following you now!! it is SO addicting...oh but i like what jess calls it "medicinial". perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers, so don't be shy. :) Thanks for being here!

Want to read more?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...